In 2001, the Santa María del Páramo City Council agreed to carry out a perimeter walk parallel to the ring road in order to have a leisure and recreation space, trying to turn it into an educational walk. .
For this, 332 trees have been planted, belonging to 53 different species that according to the technicians can be developed in these areas and in these soils. They are also chosen for their color: during flowering, during vegetative growth and autumn, so that the walk gives us an amalgamation of colors throughout its vegetative cycle.
It puts identification plates with its common name, scientific name and family ... At the same time it installs a series of informative posters with each of the trees that make up the route, reflecting the characteristics of the tree, its time of flowering, of fruit, leaf fall. We call this "Botanical Path".
This "Botanical Path", in turn, distributes it into five sectors and covering the toponymics of the areas and based on the fact that all the sectors except one had gaps, he calls them:
- Place "Laguna Feldos" (Valcavado - Villamañán Highway)
- Place "Laguna la Barreda" (Villamañán - León Highway)
- Place "Laguna Teñil" (Carretera León - Hospital)
- Place "Laguna Encalada" (Hospital Highway - La Bañeza)
- Place "Los arenales" (Highway La Bañeza - Valcavado)